Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What goes around...

Every evening
T-boy:
- Mummy, I can watch television tonight?
- Yes, after Little-L has finished his dinner I can have television. I promise.
- Mummy I'm hungry.
- Can I have something to eat while I wait?
- Two Baby Bels, not one. Two, OK?
- Two, like dat. (holds up two fingers)
- Two. (repeats until Baby Bels are out of the fridge)

- Mummy may I watch television?
- I want to watch le Jungle Book, OK? Yes?
- Le Jungle Book, OK?
- But not Sher Khan. I'm scared of Sher Khan.
- You skip Sher Khan, OK?
- Can I watch television now? (x10)
- Little-L has finished his dinner? That means I can watch television! (repeats Jungle Book speil until the DVD starts)

- Mummy, I can have melon for dessert? (said after first mouthful of dinner, repeats after every mouthful)
- I'm finished! You get melon now.
- May I have some melon please?
- Mummy, please may I have some melon?
- Now? Please? Melon?
- I want some melon!

Me:
- T-boy! I am cutting up the melon! I am going as fast as humanly possible! Stop nagging me!

Every morning
Me/C:
- T-boy, take off your pyjamas please (x7)
- T-boy, stop playing and take off your pyjamas! Now!
- OK, good, now put on your underpants.
- T-boy, put on your underpants on please (x10).
- T-boy, stop mucking around, and put on your underpants!
- Now put on your trousers.
- T-boy, stop playing and put on your trousers (x10)
- Trousers! On! Now!
- OK now choose a top and put it on.
- Socks, now put your socks on (x5)
- And now your shoes.
- Shoes, T-boy.
- T-boy, put on your shoes please (x7).
- T-boy we need to go now, so stop mucking around and put on your shoes!

And then, this morning, for the first time:

T-boy:
- I'm going as fast as I can! Stop nagging me!