Monday, June 23, 2008

So who's the blonde??

When C and my brother first met, they bonded instantly in a discussion about my various ineptitudes. And wondering how it was that, in my work life, I managed to convince people that I was capable. This wasn't the most pleasant moment of my life, being picked on by both of them at the same time, but hey, at least they were getting along. I guess.

Anyway, whenever I do anything a bit dipsy, C still rolls his eyes and wonders how I manage in life. But the thing is, I AM NOT NEARLY SO BAD ANYMORE. Honestly. But more importantly, he has no right rolling his eyes as HE is now the chief dipstick in the house.

For example, who has left for the airport three times in the past four years without his passport? Not me, HIM. (One time I had to drive to the airport 65km away in 20 minutes to bring it to him; another time he had planned to spend the night with friends 2.5 hours away before catching the plane from their city in the morning... he realised he had no passport just before going to bed and so borrowed their car to drive home to get it, slept for like 2 hours (during which time I woke up to find an unexpected person in bed with me), then drove back to catch the plane; and the third time he was issued an emergency passport at the airport.)

There are many other silly things he has done, but seriously, it really is my turn to roll my eyes bigtime after a phone conversation we had this morning (with me working onsite at an organization today, where I need to be able to use my email via the web):

- Hi sweetheart, have you changed the password for web access to our email accounts lately? Because I can't login.

- No.

- Well I've rung tech support and... (I'll spare you the details of my conversation with tech support and what I tried to do to get a new password, which was then sent to C's mobile phone, but which didn't work when he tried it)

- Hang on, let me try to logging in with the old password. [Says password out loud while typing it in] It works!

- But... but... that's not the password I used.

- Really? Oh...well...yes...maybe I did go through all our passwords and make them have the same style.

- So when I asked you before "Have you changed the password", the answer was actually "yes"??

- Ah ... yes.


Honestly.

No comments: