I watched a lot of TV when I was breastfeeding Little-L. The best thing on BBC Prime (the only non-news English TV channel we have) was David Attenborough's Life of Mammals. Unfortunately Little-L didn't time his feeds well enough for me to see the entire series (although he was kind enough to let me see every single episode of Keeping Up Appearances, TWICE), but I saw one about rats.
I learnt that sewer rats get their food and warmth from people having showers and doing the dishes: warmth from the warm water, and food from the small scraps that go down the sink.
And so, tonight when I broke a glass while washing up, I very carefully picked every bit out of the sink, refusing to let even one sliver to go down the drain. Because I didn't want some poor baby rat getting cut.
Snickerdoodle bars
10 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment