So since Téo has started school, we've had at least four notes home about lice. How to check for them, how to get rid of them. All from different publishers. One was even hand written - attention aux poux - complete with a Téo-drawn triangle containing an exclamation mark, which freaked me out as I assumed it meant the teacher thought he actually had lice, but no, it was just another general warning.
I thought this was all a bit over the top, but hey, whatever, I guess the district education board wants to be sure we parents know what to do.
It seems they want the kids to know too. Because Téo has become an expert on head lice.
He knows the signs. Mummy, my head is itching, I must have lice.
He knows how to check for them. I have to put my head back and then you have to look with a magnifying glass. Woe betide if you fail to use a magnifying glass.
He knows how to kill them. You need to buy a special shampoo and a comb and then wash my hair. This shampoo, here pointing to the bottle on the latest notice he's brought home.
He knows about their predators. Mummy, why do monkeys eat lice?
But, he doesn't know how to avoid them. It seems the school does not think this is perhaps the better lesson for kids.
WTF?
Snickerdoodle bars
10 years ago
1 comment:
better than - "Mummy my bottom is itchy. I must have worms."
Post a Comment