Tuesday, March 16, 2010

A gratuitous picture because I have nothing to say


Actually, I do have something to say. Or rather, words to eat.

I swore I would never have a house full of plastic toys. Especially big plastic toys. Like, say, the trike and truck my boys are sitting on. Which belong to them.

But these particular big plastic toys, as well as some others that you can't see - toys that are not only big but make noise, something else I'd sworn against - were being sold by a family leaving the country and, well, cheapness won over principles.

And I have to say, it's the best 20 bucks I ever spent. Hours and hours of races around the table, every day, by Téo and Lukan and all other kids who come visiting.

Actually, I have something else to say too. Because 5 bucks for a trike? And 15 for a ride-on dump truck? BARGAIN! I wish I'd bought them years ago... and learned the lesson earlier that second-hand is the way to go.

Kids, from now on you can have whatever toys you want. As long as I can find them second-hand and cheap.

(I'm picking up a heap of jigsaw puzzles tomorrow. $3 a set! Woo hoo! Come on expat families, leave the country and sell your stuff!)

(Also, Téo and Lukan asked for this photo to be taken and posed for it themselves. With no suggesting or cajoling by me.)

No comments: