Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Life and work

Yes I know, I have been very crap lately in providing tea break fodder. I've been very crap in most parts of my life actually, leading to a slight... ah... breakdown type situation which has caused me to reassert that I am not meant to be a machine working day and night and it's OK to also focus on my friends and family. Umm, yes, I know this is obvious... the sad thing it's not the first time I've gotten myself into this must-work beaver-like mentality, and every time I have regretted putting work above life.

Anyway, the good thing about the latest reassertion is that I said I can't possibly meet the deadline by tomorrow, and hey presto guess what? I got an extension!! It's still pretty tight but at least doable now. So, phew.

And now I am going to take my kids shopping to get some decorations for our Christmas tree. Because surely you didn't think my überwoman dreams would not include a big, brightly lit (yet still tasteful) tree???

1 comment:

Joanna Benn said...

What is this massive project you keep alluding to? And yes, whenever I have worked my ass off in the past - very shortly afterwards it is forgotten anyway which made me wonder many times - is this worth it? It's not like I am brain surgeon or something - none of it is life or death...speak soon? JX