Monday, November 10, 2008

A cheesy story

C loves himself some cheese fondue. Every year come September, he starts dreaming of a weekly fondue dinner.

A weekly fondue dinner is never going to happen. And I hold out as long as possible for the first one of the season.

It's not that I don't like fondue, because I do. It's yummy. So yummy that when it's there bubbling away in front of me, I can't stop dipping into it... and no matter how sternly I have told myelf beforehand to just eat a little, before I know it I've ingested a quarter of a kilo of cheese. That's a lot of cheese. And however much C insists that it's really not so many calories, it's still a lot of fat. Fat which will not in any way help my (not very strenuous) efforts to lose the last 5 kilos of pregnancy fat.

So anyway, this year I held out until last weeked.

C was very happy to hear I'd relented. He got the ingredients ready, took out the fondue pot... and ran into a problem.

The fondue pot is ceramic. Our new stove is induction.

Lucky we have a gas burner!

So the 2008/9 fondue season could start after all.

(But we're never having one a week.) (No matter how much you nag me sweetheart.)

No comments: