Monday, March 28, 2011

Saturday snapshot II


One day, when we lived in the town and Téo was little, I was out shopping, and Téo got hungry. I went to the closest food shop, a fast food mall outlet selling things like chips and nuggets ... and a spinach tart type thing, not even a quiche Florentine but a dark green mass of spinach encased in pastry.

You can guess what I bought for him - and to my great delight he gulped it down. Because, spinach! My toddler is eating masses of spinach!

From then on, whenever we were out shopping in town, he'd get the spinach tart type thing for lunch. And even now, years later, when we go to the mall in town, he chooses this tart over everything else as an afternoon snack. Asks for it even. Granted, he probably knows I'd say no to everything else, but still. Spinach! My child thinks spinach is a treat!

No comments: