Tuesday, January 18, 2011

From one extreme to the other

A few months ago, Lukan insisted on only wearing underpants. Only, he wouldn't poo in the toilet. So he didn't poo at all, for a week.

We got everything back in working order, and to keep it this way developed a system based on vigilance and the (mostly) timely putting on of nappies. But nothing would convince him to try to poo on the toilet.

Until last week, when I offered a Pokemon toy.

Instant success. Twice.

Phew, I thought. We're near the end of this toilet-training business!

But now he's started controlling his movements again - not holding it in, but forcing it out.

Yesterday, after 3 legit poos in the toilet - and so three new Pokemon toys - he did:

Two tiny pellets in the evening.

One tiny pellet at 6.30 this morning.

Another tiny pellet at 3 this afternoon.

Three more tiny pellets this evening.

And with each one a triumphant: I did a poo in de toilet! So dat's a new Pokemon for me!

He can count too, so no fudging on the actual numbers.

Cheeky boy.

(And needless to say, the reward system has been hastily changed.)

1 comment:

Darls said...

Bwhahahaha...

I like dat boy!