Using organic dried beans! And home-made tomato sauce from home-grown tomatoes! And home-grown carrots! And accidentally home-grown corriander seeds!
Verily did my heart swell at the thought of the nutritious, low-impact meal I was preparing for my family. (It conveniently ignored the most likely glasshouse-grown capsicums, and the cancer-inducing (but organic!) bacon.)
And then:
- What are we having for dinner?
- Baked beans.
- Yuck. Can I have fish fingers instead?
- Me as well, I like fish fingers too.
-----------------------------------
(I recently met someone who, for about an hour, only talked about her fabulous kids' wonderful eating habits. It was pretty tedious. And very hard not to engage in one-up-mum-ship because, you know, my kids have pretty good eating habits too. And I cook healthy, tasty food too. And anyway, I think that what your kids will and will not eat is kind of luck, rather than any perfectly enacted plan of the parents.
So anyway, maybe you are all better people than me, which is very likely, but I got to thinking that my food preparation post may have had you rolling your eyes at me. If so, I hope this post will have them sitting back properly in their sockets.)
No comments:
Post a Comment