So the thing about Romania is, it's quite large. And even though we limited ourselves to one little part, the sights are not that close together, and the roads are not that good. Meaning we spent many hours in the car.
We had brought some CDs along to keep the kids happy, but the car only had a tape deck. A tape deck!! In a new car! Though I guess since a lot of people in Romania get around on a horse and cart, a tape deck is pretty modern. Anyhoo, the lack of a CD player meant I ended up being the kids' personal juke box. For many hours. On many days.
The house we stayed in had the Sound of Music on DVD, which the kids were not so keen to watch. But one day, after having run through my usual repertoire ad nauseum, I started on a few Sound of Music songs, trying to convince the kids that this was a movie worth watching.
The result? This:
And this:
And for the diehards (or severe procrastinators) amongst you, I present the new von Trapp family singers:
(Very thankfully with only two children. Also very thankfully without the father singing.) (And sorry about the so. Ouch)
Snickerdoodle bars
10 years ago
1 comment:
I love these movie clips! I can't tell you how many times I've seen that movie - and tried to get my brother to sing the songs with me. It's very encouraging that maybe I will be able to convince Trajan that singing those songs is fun!
Post a Comment