Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Valium. I need valium.

I have mentioned before that I don't like dandelions. Which is a problem as Spring around here is dandelions. Roadsides and backyards and vineyards and entire FIELDS full of dandelions.

I can just about tolerate the flowers, kind of, as long as they're not in my lawn. But the puffs. I truly despise dandelion puffs. Even the sight of just a few gives me the heebie jeebies.  All those nasty little weed seeds threatening my property. A full field of them? *shudder*


And then there's the puff blowing. Sure, it looks like innocent childhood fun. Sweet even. But what it actually is, is stained clothes. Dandelion-juice-stained clothes that will never be stain-free again.

And of course, it's those weeds-to-be. Fistfuls of them, stripped off by hand, gleefully flung about. Such as into Lukan's hair, because he wanted to be a dandelion puff. Not that I fear they'll sprout on his head, of course, but it's not like combing seeds out of his increasingly long, fine, easily knotted hair is exactly fun.


Non-grippy flowers in hair - perfectly fine. Grippy dandelion seeds - not so much.

Today though, today really did not help my dislike of those puffs. Because here is where they were flung:


All over my vegetable patch. My painstakingly weeded vegetable patch.

Deep breaths happening over here, people, deep breaths.

No comments: