Tuesday, June 19, 2012

And I would walk 500 metres

And I would walk 500 more
Just to be the boy who walked (up) a thousand metres when I was on-ly four-or-or.


I have to admit, I did wonder if we were crazy to even contemplate the hike we did last weekend. Not only was it quite a way for little legs to walk...

Not even half-way up

We started down there where the town is. 
And still had some way to go.

... but some parts were tricky.



But he did it all, with no whinging.


A smile, even. And then walked back the next day.


He doesn't even seem to be against the idea of going hiking again, which, phew, because I was so happy to be back in the mountains after nearly 8 years.

I took many pictures of flowers and mountains. I'll restrict myself to just this one.

And Téo? Well, he's not in many photos because basically, we didn't see him except when we caught up at rests and meals.

Not content with leaping ahead on the track, he also leapt off the swings at the lunch stop.

Which, can I just add, was somewhat more civilized than the bush walking lunches of my youth.

Well done my boys!!

No comments: