Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Mr Credulous

If you asked the kids what they liked about our short stay in Munich, I'm pretty sure the hotel breakfast would be high on the list. Cheese platters - Lukan's dream. Baskets full of eggs - Téo's.

Lukan's enthusiasm for cheese is long-standing, but while Téo has always liked eggs, we were a bit taken aback by his obsession with them in Germany. He ate two for breakfast each day, and then one evening scoffed at least 3 more at his aunt's wedding supper - and then begged for more when we said he'd had enough.

- Sweetheart, 5 eggs in one day is too many. 

- It's not too many!

- Yes it is, you've had enough. You can eat something else instead.

- (honestly puzzled) But I can't throw cannon balls yet.

And then I remembered what he'd been reading on the train: Mr. Strong.

Thanks, Roger.

(And thanks also our supermarket, for now selling Hello Kitty hard-boiled eggs. Pink Hello Kitty eggs that put my pink-loving, Mr. Strong-wannabee son's pester mode into overdrive.)

1 comment:

Sophie said...

Egg-cellent post!
PS: how's the cat doing? Still alive?