
This is one of the four wheelbarrowfuls of bulbs that, over the past two weekends, I dug up from my mother-in-law's and replanted around the walnut tree in our back garden.
They were doomed to die - C's parents moved into their new house just before Easter, and C's brother's family are having renovations done before they move into the old house, and the machinery that will knock down one wall of the house will pass right over C's mother's former flower beds.
I'm happy to have been able to save them. Some were flowers I already planned to plant in my garden, some were plants that C's mother wanted to keep, and others, well, they just seemed too pretty to leave to be squashed. And then I realised that some have special memories for C's mother, and while I didn't save them for her, I like the idea that these flowers have a history.
I hope they survive the move.
No comments:
Post a Comment